Monday, May 11, 2009

So, can I just tell you, I can't stand some of the faculty at Mesa College. I FINALLY finished my hat, and took it into class today to be judged by the Fashion Program Advisory Board. Seeing as i'm on the Line-up committe for the fashion show, I stayed at school for about 3 hours to help set up for the judging. While i was there, one of the faculty members (not exactly sure who) came in to try on a hat (the presidents of the college model our hats for the fashion show). So she walks in, kinda snooty, and we show her where the hats are and she starts trying them on. Then I ask a girl, also on line-up, how many of the hats had been assigned to a model already, and she said all but mine. So I went to the woman and told her "I guess all of the hats are assigned to models already except for the one with feathers" and her response was "well I'm not wearing that one, that's for sure! I guess there's no point in being here if all the rest are assigned. I guess I won't be modeling in the show this year." I just sat there, like...are you kidding me?! There were a couple girls from my class still in the classroom who just looked at me like they couldn't believe what the woman had said either. One of the girls turned to me and whispered, isn't the one with the feathers your's? When I nodded she was like, "I thought your hat was amazing." So yeah, it was rather embarassing and I almost started crying, but just laughed it off with the girls in my class instead.

Then, after this whole fiasco, I saw one of the faculty setting up display boards students had done the previous semester, and I told her I had one in my car I'd like to put up and she said that was fine. So I walked all the way back to the car, down a TON of stairs, in heals, got the board and walked all the way back. She looked at the board and was like, the back needs to be finished. I was like...seriously?! It's the back, who looks at the back? So, since I didn't have the time or the means of finishing the back, she wouldn't put it up to be judged. And looking at the boards she did put up, it was rediculous. The ones she liked were plain and ugly and completely unoriginal. I was pissed, but at least i never have to take a class from her again.

So, the semester's almost done. The end of semester fashion show is this Friday. I'm honestly just ready for it to be over. It's been so much work, and i'm exhausted. I can't wait till next year when i don't have to work at the show and I get to put a whole line of garments in it. I'll put pictures of all my work up as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment