Thursday, April 23, 2009

Slow Progress

So, I found out today that one of my garments I was planing to put in the fashion show isn't actually going in the show, it's just a final project for a class, so now I'm down to 5 items in the show, which is still a lot now that I think about it. Especially since in one of my classes I've been playing TA for the past three months. I guess that's what i get for having prior sewing experience and actually understanding what's going on in the class. Seriously, some days I wonder why some of the people in my class are in fashion...they just don't get it. I spend all my time explaining procedures to other students instead of getting my own work. Most of the time I don't mind, I actually enjoy it cause it makes me feel important, but some days I just want to go into class and get a whole bunch of work done and it's just not possible with people asking me questions all the time.

So, besides that I got my sketches for two garments approved today. The first one is a skirt inspired by a trench coat (because if you know me you know I LOVE coats, but I can't make a coat in a level one pattern making class...too complicated, so I'm making a skirt inspired by one). It's going to be awesome. Then, since I'm making a skirt, I have to make a blouse to go along with it. The one I designed is sort of like a safari-type, button up shirt. Should be super cute when I get them done.

Besides that, not too much progress made. I need to go fabric shopping AGAIN. It will seriously be like the 10th time this semester, and I'm sure won't be the last.

So, overall, slow progress, but can't stay that way or else I'll never get everything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment